A number of factors can cause a tooth to become damaged. Once you notice a chipped tooth, you should see the dentist as soon as possible. In today’s blog, we’re talking about what our Omaha, NE patients can do to respond to a chipped tooth and what treatments we offer to repair their smiles.
Try Our Quiz on Addressing Chipped Teeth
- True or False: Injuries may cause a chipped tooth.
- True or False: You should try to recover any pieces of the tooth.
- True or False: We have cosmetic options to fix the tooth.
- True or False: Ignoring the issue may lead to serious oral health problems.
- True. If you play sports, or even if you bite down on a particularly hard piece of food, then you run the risk of chipping a tooth. In some cases, the damage could be very minor. Even if you sustain an injury but see no noticeable damage, you should still let us know. Often fractures could appear that threaten your oral health but remain practically invisible to the naked eye.
- True. Try to bring any pieces of the tooth with you to the office. If this proves impossible, then don’t worry, we can still fix your tooth. In route to our office, you can place a cold compress against the side of the face to reduce swelling. A piece of cloth or gauze could also help stem any bleeding you may experience.
- True. Often, we repair broken teeth in one visit with dental bonding. Using the same lifelike and metal-free materials as our tooth-colored fillings, we restore the lost structure and sculpt the tooth for a natural appearance. For more serious damage we may opt for a custom-made dental crown.
- True. Without treatment, a damaged tooth could lead to cavities, toothaches, and eventually, a higher risk of infection and even tooth loss in severe cases.
Do You Have a Chipped Tooth?
If you have a damaged tooth, then we have a solution. To find out more, schedule a consultation by calling Pacific Hills Dental in Omaha, NE, today at (402) 330-2243. We also serve the residents of Papillion, Elkhorn, La Vista, Millard, and all surrounding communities.