Is there any better season for bonding with loved ones than autumn, when the air gets crisper and the days get shorter? Being forced indoors provides a great chance for quality time circled around a fire, playing board games, brushing up on the classics, and of course building lasting memories with the people nearest and dearest to your heart. But if all that closeness is causing you to cringe, because you’re embarrassed by imperfections in your smile, cosmetic bonding could come to your rescue. Through the skilled artistry of a cosmetic dentist, you could leave with a more beautiful smile you’ll love showing off to the people you like most.
How Bonding Works to Improve Your Smile
In less time than it takes to watch your favorite movie, you could leave the dentist’s office with a beautifully enhanced smile. Cosmetic bonding relies on a dentist’s artistry, rather than expensive crafted porcelain veneers to hide imperfections and highlight a smile’s natural beauty. This is what makes bonding one of the quickest and most affordable forms of cosmetic treatment, making it ideal for anyone on a tight budget or needing major improvements before an upcoming event, such as a wedding or graduation.
- Bonding involves sculpting a composite resin material onto the teeth, to create the appearance of more shapely and symmetrical teeth.
- Once hardened and polished, the material blends seamlessly with natural teeth.
- It also bonds well with teeth, creating a durable enhancement. This is why composite resin is also used in many modern dental fillings, to cope with a cavity.
- Cosmetic contouring can be used in conjunction with bonding, to help lessen minor overlaps of teeth, smooth jagged edges, or make disproportionally large teeth more properly sized.
- Like bonding, contouring can usually be completed in less than an hour.