When a tooth becomes damaged, or develops a serious oral health issue, then a restoration may be necessary. We can use crowns, as well as partial crowns, to repair teeth and restore them to optimal health, function, and beauty.
Try Our Quiz on Dental Crowns
- True or False: We custom-make our restorations.
- True or False: They can look natural.
- True or False: We can offer partial crowns.
- True or False: We can address a wide array of cosmetic and restorative issues.
- True. We begin by preparing the teeth receiving them, removing a small segment of tooth structure. We then take detailed impressions, which will be used to design and create them. Once complete, we can check the fit make adjustments, and then place the new restoration with a powerful bonding agent. The entire process takes just one visit with the CEREC system.
- True. We can use a wide array of materials, including several natural looking ones. For example, we can create ceramic restorations for the front facing teeth, as ceramic is stain-resistant and mimics the translucent appearance of tooth enamel. We can also use porcelain-fused-to-metal and zirconia for the rear and side teeth, which must endure more substantial bite forces.
- True. An inlay fits between the cusps on the top of the teeth and an onlay fits over the cusps on the top of the teeth. We can use them to target specific areas of the teeth for issues that require more than a filling, but not necessarily a full dental crown.
- True. We can use crowns and partial crowns to address decay, infection, or cracked and chipped teeth. We can lengthen worn down teeth, close gaps between teeth, and correct issues with the shape and color of the teeth as well. We can even anchor a dental bridge in place or restore a single tooth dental implant.
Does Your Smile Need a Crown?
A custom-made restoration can improve the health, appearance, and function of your smile. To find out more, schedule a consultation by calling Pacific Hills Dental in Omaha, NE, today at (402) 330-2243. We also serve the residents of Papillion, Elkhorn, La Vista, Millard, and all surrounding communities.